To beat the heat of Tennessee summers, many families enjoy a dip in their beautiful backyard pool. However, a pool safety fence is necessary to protect children, pets, and other loved ones from pool accidents.
Pro-Line Fence Co. is the best choice for pool fencing projects. Over the last two decades, we’ve completed thousands of commercial and residential fence installations and fence repairs in Nashville and surrounding areas. Our expertise includes aluminum pool fencing, wrought iron pool fencing, removable mesh pool fencing, and other easily removable pool fence solutions.
If you have a swimming pool in your backyard or are considering adding one, trust the skilled commercial and residential fence contractors at Pro-Line Fence Co. Call us now at 615-570-3426 to learn more.
Laws for Swimming Pool Barriers & Access Gates
Pool fencing isn’t just a smart investment—it’s a legal requirement. Tennessee requires a permit to build a private swimming pool anywhere in the state, and specific laws exist for pool gates and fence heights. The Building Officials and Code Administrators Pool Barrier Code applies to every residential swimming pool in Tennessee. This includes all in-ground pools, above-ground pools, and on-ground pools deeper than 24 inches. It features the following requirements for multiple layers of protection:
- All residential swimming pools must have a barrier of at least 48 inches surrounding them.
- Vertical clearance between the finished ground level and the barrier cannot be more than 2 inches.
- The barrier must be climb-resistant, meaning it cannot have any footholds or handholds that could be used to climb over it.
- The barrier must have an access gate at least 48 inches tall that is equipped with a locking device. Self-closing gate options are available for additional protection.
Furthermore, in an effort to prevent drowning accidents, all private pools built in the state of Tennessee in or after 2011 are required to have an alarm that emits a sound of at least 50 decibels if it detects that a person or object weighing more than 15 pounds has entered the water.
If these requirements are not met in the construction plan for your pool, your permit may be denied. As pros in pool fencing design and build, we can help you get a life saver pool fence installed quickly and successfully. We will also ensure that your fence meets all the codes and standards in your area.
If you’re interested in a security fence for pool safety, reach out to us now and request a quote!
Benefits of Installing Pool Fences
Pool owners will enjoy numerous benefits when they make the choice to add pool fencing.
- Safety — A pool fence is a barrier that prevents unsupervised children and pets from wandering into the pool area and risking accidental drowning. According to the CDC, drowning is the second leading cause of death among children under 14. Installing a fence around your pool can reduce that risk by 83%.
- Privacy — A pool fence can also help you enjoy your pool without worrying about prying eyes or unwanted visitors.
- Convenience — Unlike pool nets or covers, a pool fence does not require constant removal and replacement. You can easily access your pool whenever you want without compromising safety or aesthetics.
- Mandatory in some states — As we detailed above, a pool fence can help you comply with TN regulations and avoid fines or penalties.
- Save on insurance — Some insurance companies may offer discounts or lower premiums for homeowners who have pool fences installed. This can help you offset the initial cost of the fence and save more money in the long run!
- Multiple design options — Pool fences come in a variety of materials, colors, shapes, and sizes. You can choose from aluminum, glass, mesh, wrought iron, wood, stone, or a combination of these.
Pool fencing is not only a smart investment for your safety and security, but also for your comfort and enjoyment. However, not all pool fences are created equal. You need a reliable and reputable company that can provide you with high-quality pool safety products and great customer service.
For elegant, sturdy, and secure protection for your pool and pool deck, call Pro-Line Fence Co. today at 615-570-3426! We’ll help you choose the best type of fence for your pool, and we’ll handle the entire process of measuring, ordering, delivering, and installing your new pool fence.
Call For A Pool Fence Installation Quote Today!
When you partner with Pro-Line Fence Co. you’ll receive fast service, great communication, and flexible financing options. As a locally-owned and operated fence company in Nashville, TN, we have over 18 years of experience in installing and maintaining pool fences for residential and commercial customers.
- Skilled and certified installers
- Free estimates and on-site consultations
- Competitive prices and flexible payment plans
- Excellent customer service, warranties, and guarantees
- Wide range of fencing products and styles to choose from
In addition to pool fencing, we install and repair privacy fencing, safety fencing, and other access control solutions. Check out our FAQ page for more information.
Don’t wait any longer. Call Pro-Line Fence today at 615-570-3426 and get started on your pool fencing project to save lives and safely enjoy your pool for years to come.